|Posted on January 17, 2019 at 7:25 AM||comments (0)|
Why You Should Not Date Separated or Married Men
1. God said so. What God has joined together let no-misguided-lonely-rationalization-we-tell-ourselves-out-of-desperation tear apart. (I really wanted to make this numbers 1 through 9 but it was a bit dramatic even for me. That said, we could end this blog right here and it would be enough. Nevertheless, on to the more mundane matters.)
2. What a man did with you, he will ev...Read Full Post »
|Posted on January 8, 2019 at 5:55 AM||comments (0)|
3 Most Insidious Lies the Devil Uses to Keep You Single
1. Waiting for a husband is a passive pursuit - The enemy is whispering the lie that single sisters should wait passively to be found. Faith without works is dead. Be not a hearer only but also a doer (James 1:22).
2. He's my husband. He just doesn't know it yet - I personally know of women ...Read Full Post »
|Posted on December 31, 2018 at 7:30 AM||comments (0)|
Recently it was announced that a public figure was in critical condition and the family was requesting prayer. Well… somebody pronounced them dead and started posting on social media that they had gone home to be with Jesus. But this person was alive and improving. Rumors of their demise were greatly exaggerated.
There are those who have declared you hopeless, unmarriageable (Is that a word? It is now), and unloveable. After all, who could want someone like you?...Read Full Post »
|Posted on December 29, 2018 at 8:05 AM||comments (0)|
- How would you like me to support you next year?
- What would you like to see more of in our marriage?
- What would you like to see less of in our relationship?
- What does sexual satisfaction look like to you?
- How would you define respect?
- What are your goals for the coming year?
- What accomplishments are you proudest of this year?
- What opportunities would you like to take advantage of next year?
- What are your financial go...
|Posted on June 26, 2018 at 6:05 AM||comments (0)|
This is a hot mess! Recently I was reading the story of a man who married two sisters. In his defense, he didn’t initially mean to do it.
In Genesis 29 andd 30, Jacob's father-in-law slipped the older, less attractive sister under the veil and Jacob didn’t know he had the wrong woman until after the honeymoon night. So, he works 7 more years to have Rachel, the sister he wanted in the first place. In th...Read Full Post »
|Posted on December 11, 2017 at 11:55 AM||comments (0)|
If You Want to Get Married, Do These 3 Things Before the New Year
1. Lose weight – I am not talking about your hips. I am talking about losing the dead weight. This includes:
- The losers and users.
- The seat fillers.
|Posted on November 15, 2017 at 7:20 AM||comments (0)|
|Posted on October 28, 2017 at 9:00 AM||comments (0)|
Here is an excerpt from my new book Unnecessarily Single MISS-ALIGNED ROLES ARE KEEPING YOU UNNECESSARILY SINGLE! Whenever we are miss-aligned in our roles, ascribing other roles to our romantic relationships, there is going to be an unhealthy relationship pattern and unnecessary singleness. One of those roles is MOMMY MODE. In MOMMY MODE, you have been a mommy so long that you relate to men as a mother, not an adult partner. You baby him. Single moms are particularly susceptible to this m...Read Full Post »
|Posted on August 1, 2017 at 9:25 PM||comments (0)|
Even though I hate to shop, I thought it would be a great mother/daughter bonding experience. So, I relented. Aimless strolling to window shop without buying anything is like nails on a chalkboard to me.
But when my daughter and I saw that a very well known cosmetics company was giving away a free lipstick with no strings attached, we decided to arrive at the mall early and give it a try. Apparently at least 300 other women thought the same t...Read Full Post »
|Posted on May 23, 2017 at 5:20 AM||comments (2)|
There Is No Such Thing as Victimless Disobedience
Yesterday was emotional for me. A week ago, Father told me to send someone money. He gave me a dollar figure and I intended to send it but the intention never made its way to the post office. Days later, I received a text from them asking for prayer regarding a financial need. It was for the exact amount that the Lord put on my heart a week prior! I was devastated. I didn’t need to pray about it. I needed to be obedient.
I i...Read Full Post »